I know. As I was kindly reminded by a friend on Facebook (Hi, Shantell!) it has been three weeks since I last updated my blog. Three weeks. (I won’t make any comments about how she needs to get a life, and how bored she must be…)
So, what’s happened here?
1) Gregan came home. I might have actually missed it, since I can’t manage to get myself, a husband, and four kids anywhere on time. Who am I kidding? I can’t get myself anywhere on time, even when my husband is getting four kids ready by himself. Luckily, in a flash of inspiration (or just a reality check), I left my camera with my mom the night before, so while I was not at the airport, my trusty Nikon was. And it captured this shot of me, and the kids, walking up late. (Steve was parking the car, since I thought for sure that if we didn’t have to walk all the way across the parking lot, we’d be there before Gregan.)
2) I was asked to be a Garden Girl at Two Peas in a Bucket. That won’t mean much to most of you, but to me, it’s huge. Ridiculously scary, and frightfully intimidating, since I’ve joined one of the most talented groups of women in the scrapbooking industry. I may have a stroke. I may have two. But there will definitely be a layout about it. Or two.
3) Three days before my first deadline at 2 Peas, my computer crashed. Yeah. So, a quick shopping trip, a complete impulse purchase, and ridiculous amounts of money later, I was the proud owner of my first laptop. A pretty red one. I call her Della. Della is completely loaded, with a whole bunch of really cool features, and lots of RAM, and a bunch of other stuff that doesn’t mean a lot to me, but Steve insisted she had. And she’s a redhead, just like me. But natural. Unfortunately, Della is a bit camera shy, so we have no pictures. Yet.
4) The kids started school. K in third grade, C in first, and A in preschool. Which leaves me with one child for a couple of hours a couple of times a week. I might start a new hobby. I might keep my house clean. Okay, okay. I’ll probably take a nap.
And this is how Liam entertains himself, with no siblings to play with. And Maya, she just takes it. What a sweetie she is!
5) Kelsey was baptized yesterday. She turned eight in May, but wanted to wait until Gregan was home, so the big day was yesterday.
Can you believe how old she looks? FYI: that dress she’s wearing? It was my sister’s Maid of Honor dress from my wedding. I love that I still have it. I love that my Mom is skilled enough to alter it. I love that my daughter has enough of me in her to want to wear a dress from my wedding.
So, what’s new with you?